Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 7.3: help on new CREATE TYPE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerome Chochon
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 7.3: help on new CREATE TYPE
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 7.3: help on new CREATE TYPE  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Sorry if my english is not very good. ;-).

When I say that the second form of CREATE TYPE allow you to make RECORD type
like RECORD, i don't want to speak about the record in PlPgsql but RECORD
from programming language like ADA or C (typedef struct).

So the real question is:
Can I use this new type like other user-type ?
CREATE TABLE person (his_name VARCHAR, his_adress adress);
...where adress is CREATE TYPE adress AS (number int, street text, country
VARCHAR);

Thanks for your reply ?