Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Tesser
Subject Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments
Date
List pgsql-general
<huge snip> read previous messages if you are interested :)

> where have I blamed PHP for anything? Nowhere. As for extreme predudice,
> if you wish to grosely mis-interpret my opinions of the limitations of cgi
> scripts in that way, thats fine by me.

OK look all I am saying is Postgres is a good and yes I will say it even
a better solution than MySQL for PHP.  I am not trying to attack you but I
wonder about your experience with PHP development.  It is not a cgi
language. In dealing with web applications and frontends to database or
even just a dynamic web site PHP has every bit the power and ability that
Java does and the development time is way down. If you need more power
IMO Python is the way to go.  With PHP, Python and POstgres there isn't
anything from a web application or even standalone with Python that can't
be done.  Using MySQL though will limit you because of the lack of features,
which is what I was trying to communicate before.