Re: unique constraints - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kenneth Gonsalves
Subject Re: unique constraints
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 07 January 2004 23:01, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:47:32PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> > in 7.4 i'm getting an error message - UNIQUE constraint matching keys for
> > table 'xxx' not found - any clues?
>
> It would be helpful to see the *exact* wording of the error message and
> the SQL statements that can be used to reproduce the error.
ok, got it now - the key in question was a 'serial' key. in older versions of
postgres, since serial keys are anyway unique, apparently we could get away
with not explicitly giving an unique constraint - sigh, a lot of work lies
ahead ...
--
regards
kg