Re: Status - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Status
Date
List pgsql-www
For the pgAdmin site (on the other server), I use a simple .htaccess system for controlling access to the admin pages. It's just a file (.htaccess) that lives in a directory and tells apache to grant access to users in the given password file. The password file is setup by an apache utility called htpasswd.

It's very simple, but does the job without requiring any special code.

Let me know if I should set it up - I guess the people who might approve items would be (based on the fact that we already make decisions on what goes on the various sites):

Marc Fournier
Vince Vielhaber
Justin Clift
Dave Page
Bruce Momjian

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ewald Geschwinde [mailto:webmaster@geschwinde.net]
Sent: 15 November 2002 14:04
To: Dave Page
Cc: Justin Clift; pgsql-www-main@postgresql.org; Marc G. Fournier
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www-main] Status

Maybe I'm to silly but I don't know exactly what you mean

How do you check the users?

Per apache or per application

.htaccess and htpasswd are apache things but they can be use with mod_auth

please bring light to my dark place :-)
Ewald

Dave Page schrieb:
Not yet, do you want me to create one, or are you happy with .htaccess and htpasswd?

Regards, Dave.