Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Bizarre, I had exactly that thought on the way back from the shops earlier!

> Sounds good!
> So you're probably moving wx into the pgadmin3 directory,
> side by side to the now existing src, include and build? This
> would enable a common make run for all of pgadmin. This
> wouldn't only help for Debian, but for all other *nix makes
> also. I like that idea.

Side by side. Mmmm, if we're talking side by side right back to CVS, we really ought to be sure we want to do this.
Basicallywe'd be committing to maintaining our own wx fork indefinately. Moving back to the standard distro might not
beso easy in the future...

That said, a single build system really would be nice. What are the licencing implications?

> People encountering any problem in pgAdmin3 will ask us for
> support anyway, and we'll have to trace it down to wx or even
> gtk, whether we're using an official wx distri or our own.

Very true.

Regards, Dave.