Re: Error Message: ERROR: must be called under standalone postgres with -O -P options - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error Message: ERROR: must be called under standalone postgres with -O -P options
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Rizzo, Nicolas Leonardo [mailto:nicolas@lanus.tv]
Sent: 26 August 2003 18:56
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Error Message: ERROR: must be called under standalone postgres with -O -P options

Number: -2147467259
Routine: pgAdmin II:basActions.Reindex

Insert your comment:
when i make reindex of my DB, pgAdmin show this error.

Hi,

I cannot reporduce this myself, by the PostgreSQL docs state that  a standalone postgres must be used to rebuild a corrupted system index. I suspect that in my case my indexes are OK, so there is no error, but in yours there is a problem so the error shows up. I would suggest doing what it says! For more info, see the REINDEX page in the PostgreSQL refernece manual (in the online help).

Regard,s Dave.