Re: Trouble with wxWindows (XRC and STC linking problem) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Trouble with wxWindows (XRC and STC linking problem)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Thanks, Adam, look OK to you?

> >Please try the wxWindows 2.5 tarball from
> >http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots. We need 2.5 for the
> Unicode support,
> >but the wxWindows CVS code was a bit iffy last time we
> looked (I think
> >they're shifting it all around) so we've stick with this
> version that
> >we've nbeen patching as required.
>
> I'll try this snapshot, but I do not think this will solve
> anything.

No, but at least we'll all be playing in the same ballpark. Recent wx
cvs code has included changes to xrc that stop it compiling on FreeBSD
as well...

I am suspecting MinGW makefiles for XRC and STC. I
> think that this is an old problem (since 2.4), and it is big
> question if it ever worked for MinGW. Do You know anyone to
> ask about this ? I just wish if wxWindows developers had
> someone like Tom , Bruce, Jan and few others (my questions on
> pgsql group were  newer ignored - no matter how stupid they
> were !). I forget to show linker commands that the new
> acinclude produces, maybe someone can get some conclusion from it:

That's the beauty of PostgreSQL - there's a great bunch of people
working on it. I don't really know any of the wxWindows guys, but I
beleive the 'main man' is a guy called Vadim.

Regards, Dave.