Re: pga3: Help file locations - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pga3: Help file locations
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

No, none of them work here. Sometimes I get an error message, sometimes
I don't and just get a blank screen. I have removed all registry
settings and started afresh, and manually set the locations. It just
seems broken.

I beleive we need 2 functions. One that takes a pgadmin helpfile name
and displays it, and the same for postgresql files. Both should error if
they cannot load the file. These functions should be called by the event
handlers for the menu options/F1 key.

On windows, the default doc location should be $EXEDIR/docs/en_US, and
on Unix it should be $BINDIR/../share/pgadmin3/docs/en_US. Currently it
seems that these paths are built in different ways depending on the
function called.

> (which shouldn't reside under .../pg, but only en_US),

It does - that's where I moved it to.

> should
> we include
> an official bugreport dialog?

pgAdmin I had one of those, but no-one used it. Ever. pgAdmin II now has
an 'email error' option on the error dialogue, but we now get regular
error reports for user SQL syntax errors and connect errors (Frank has
had to remove the email button from errors from those forms).

So, no, I think the HTML file & mailling list is fine.

Regards, Dave.