Re: pga3 website - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pga3 website
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

No? Have you looked at the .exe using dependency walker? There are quite
a few dependencies, though thankfully we don't need to distribute them
at the moment *unless* we release a debug build. If we ever move to a
less static build the we may have things like libpq.dll and wx.dll.

There was also talk at one point of using the Microsoft CHM viewer under
Windows.

> cleanup is simply delete, repair is
> install new, there are no conflicting files, ...

Yes, at the moment.

> But if you can suggest an open-source installation tool, this is
> certainly more "state of the art".

I'm not after state of the art for the sake of it. The major reasons I
use MSI are:

a) Easily scriptable for any msi file for automated installation
b) Allows use/creation of merge modules for easy bundling of software -
something Jean-Michel is extremely keen on.

Regards, Dave.