Re: Mirro updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Mirro updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Been there, covered that :-)

In my opinion the difficulties of distributing schema updates and
changes from the constantly evolving site would put far too much of a
reliance on the mirror operators to handle updates we cannot replicate,
not to mention the fact they'd need to install PostgreSQL on their
server and give us access anyway - something I wouldn't be overly happy
about doing for one.

As it happens, much of the site is now mirrored anyway. All the static
parts are now mirrored, and happily link back to the main site where
they need to. I'm working on the docs at the moment (well, was yesterday
- been busy today) and once they're done, all that remains is the survey
and the news/events (which should be fairly straightforward as well).

Regards, Dave.