Re: 7.4 features list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: 7.4 features list
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I think we should delay. Win32, whilst not important for many of the
people on this list is extremely important for the project itself in my
opinion. It is the one major 'feature' that even complete newbies pass
us by because we lack it, and head straight for MySQL.

We have the patches, we know we (ok, you :-) ) can make them work, so
let's delay the release as long as required (unless we're talking
excessive amounts of time here) and get out the Win32 release many
people have been talking about for 7.4.

Just my 0.02p...

Regards, Dave.