Re: Slogans for 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Emanuel Calvo wrote:

 I always say PostgreSQL is the Volvo under the databases - safe, robust and fast.

> You might know - Germany has no speed limit.
> But - usually speed has a price.
> The faster the cars and motor cycles - the more ppl think about safeness and robustness.
>
> When you talk about speed you always should point out that we are still robust, safe and
> reliable.

I like your point of view, you are right. We are considering to focus on promote the new speed improvements, but we need to clarify that pg is still robust and secure.

Faster,  secure, Robust and postgres.

I do agree we don't want to lose sight of the "secure" aspect of PostgreSQL.  One of the more convincing arguments I've made for using PostgreSQL in business cases is its adherence to data integrity.  So it would become:

Fast.  Powerful. Secure.  PostgreSQL.

But it would be nice to get it down to two adjectives.  Maybe:

Powerful.  Secure.  PostgreSQL.

It's almost like the classic "speed, quality, cost: choose 2" problem :-)

Jonathan