Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Should the owner of a database (assume he's not a superuser) have
the
> right to drop any schema in his database, even if he doesn't own it?
> I can see arguments either way on that one.

Given that you've chosen to allow the owner of a schema or the table
to drop a table, it would be consistent to allow the owner of the
database, schema or table to drop the table.

Much as I'd tend to allow the owner of a trigger, the table it's on,
the schema, or the database to drop the trigger.

Technically if the owner of a database doesn't have permission to drop
a table, do they have permission to drop the database?  In which case,
pg_dump, drop create table statement, drop db, create db, restore data
will accomplish the same thing.  All we've done is make the process
long and drawn out.