Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Date
List pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> > ARC is 2Q with the ability to dynamically resize the four cache pools.
>>
>> So ARC is 2Q++. My point exactly :)
>
> So you are saying "++" isn't patentable?  I don't understand that.
>
> You are saying that there are no completely new ideas in databases, and
> that marginal improvements are not patentable?

I think so. It seems in this case, it is just "natural evolution". Just
making something known more dynamic does not seem to be something that
should be patentable. But well, this is just my very own personal opinion.
You may have your own. :-)

Best Regards,
Michael