RE: getting nextval from query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Cramer
Subject RE: getting nextval from query?
Date
List pgsql-general
Gary,

That is because the column name is actually nextval. you need to change your code to

num = (int)rs.getInt("nextval);

Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of G.L. Grobe
Sent: July 29, 2001 1:56 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] getting nextval from query?

To create a primary key for one of my session beans within the ejbCreate(), I'm doing a the following.

         query = "SELECT NEXTVAL('versions_seq')";

         pstmt = dbConn.prepareStatement(query);

         rs = pstmt.executeQuery();

         rs.next();
         num = (int) rs.getInt("last_value");

But as show by the exception below, this does not work. How do I get the nextval value out from this query? So it's an attribute ... but I'd still like to know how to get to it.

[Default] Exception = The column name last_value not found.
[BuildKit] TRANSACTION ROLLBACK EXCEPTION:null; nested exception is:
        javax.ejb.EJBException
Any help much appreciated.