Re: Building with Visual C++ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: Building with Visual C++
Date
List pgsql-patches
From: "Magnus Hagander"

I am sorry in a very late reaction.......

> >> Not a problem - Snake has VC++ 6, 2003 and 2005 installed.

This is a trial in the reason I have not fully investigated your code yet.
And construction was tried by VC++6. It contains some problems.
I know that this differs from the solution which you consider.
However, I have some hope. As for present condition is the following situations.

1) Complain by access of a data directory.
C:\pgsql>bin\initdb -E EUC_JP --no-locale -Ddata -LC:/pgsql/share
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
initdb: could not access directory "data": No error

2) $libdir is not looked for.
C:\pgsql>bin\initdb -E EUC_JP --no-locale -Ddata -LC:/pgsql/share
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
fixing permissions on existing directory data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 4000/200000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not access file "$libdir/ascii_and_mic":
No such file or directory
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "data"

3) could not select a suitable default timezone.
C:\pgsql>bin\postmaster -i -Ddata
FATAL:  could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL:  It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds. PostgreSQL does
not support leap seconds.

---

However, it shows sufficient reaction. :-)
Although arrangement has not been carried out yet, a source code does not become
dirty so much.
This is a source code and a binary.(sorry, not diffs text.)
http://inetrt.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgsql82dev/

I also want this approach to be included in the following version.
Some of any suggestion?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito