Re: Linux vs FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject Re: Linux vs FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-general

Not a great help with which Linux to run, nor Postgres focused, but may be of interest, & very relevant to the subject line..

Given the likely respective numbers of each OS actually out there, I'd suggests BSD is very over-represented in the high uptime list which is suggestive.

http://uptime.netcraft.com/perf/reports/performance/Hosters?orderby=epercent

Cheers,

Brent Wood

Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
+64-4-386-0529 | 301 Evans Bay Parade, Greta Point, Wellington | www.niwa.co.nz
NIWA