Re: Foreign Key & Rule confusion WAS: Lost Trigger(s)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Foreign Key & Rule confusion WAS: Lost Trigger(s)?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Not quite as expected.  I didn't expect deleting the 2 from the
primary table to fail because the CASCADE DELETE wasn't able to run on
the second (even though no values existed in that table).  I suppose
it does run properly (blocks all delete attempts) -- but I just didn't
expect it to error out on values which didn't exist in the second
table -- thereby blocking the deletion from the primary or referred
table..

Tried against 7.1beta3 and 7.1beta5.

--
Rod Taylor

There are always four sides to every story: your side, their side, the
truth, and what really happened.