Fw: Isn't pg_statistic a security hole? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Serguei Mokhov
Subject Fw: Isn't pg_statistic a security hole?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry, forgot to post to the list...

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> "Serguei Mokhov" <sa_mokho@alcor.concordia.ca> writes:
> > Being a simple user, I still want to view the stats from the table,
> > but it should be limited only to the stuff I own. I don't wanna let
> > others see any of my info, however.  The SU's, of course, should be
> > able to read all the stats.
>
> This is infeasible since we don't have a concept of per-row permissions.
> It's all or nothing.

How hard is to create a per-user stats table similar to pg_statistic?
And then limit the original pg_statistic table only to superusers...

OR

when one queries the table, this "one" can be authenticated
and even if there are no per-row permissions, it is possible
to output one row WHERE the username is the same as the user
runs the query. Isn't it the same like

SELECT * FROM pg_statisctic
WHERE 'user is myself'and this WHERE clause will be just appended by the system
for the current user to the original query.

Does it make any sense, is it sane? Cuz, I'm not familiar
with PG internals at all...

Serguei