Re: Encryption of .pgpass - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: Encryption of .pgpass
Date
List pgsql-patches
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

> What is the point of this?  It seems to be complicating life to little
> purpose (except storing passwords that will fail in non-MD5 password
> methods --- given that people are talking about replacing MD5, that
> doesn't seem like a good forward-looking idea).

Ahh, yes. It is "crypt" ,"ident" and "pam"...
I do not think that "passwd" should be used primarily.
Then, So, it is clear sufix of md5. It may be a narrower use.
However, I have simplified that it can use as a method of
hiding it. It is suggestion. Is it accepted by including "crypt"?

Thanks.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito