Please help with this error message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Smith
Subject Please help with this error message
Date
List pgsql-general
I posted about this earlier and got no response, but now it's happening
again.  Can someone please help?

We're getting the following error message from PostgreSQL 7.3.2:

    ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 1 (expected 0) for toast value 77579

This error occurs whenever I attempt to SELECT the contents of a bytea field
from this particular record.  It has also occurred in the past, and appears
to happen somewhat randomly among records.  It does not appear to be related
to the content of the data inserted into the database, because we've been
able to retrieve the same actual contents successfully in other records.

The INSERT and UPDATE to add the record and set the contents field work
fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try to solve this problem?  I can
put in a number of retries, I suppose, but that seems pretty kludgy.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation