Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rick Gigger
Subject Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments
Date
List pgsql-general
Note: I am a php developer and I love it, but...

>In dealing with web applications and frontends to database or
>even just a dynamic web site PHP has every bit the power and ability that
>Java does and the development time is way down.

Uh, how about threads.  I know that you don't need them much but it sure
would
be nice to be able to do background processing.

>If you need more power
>IMO Python is the way to go.

I am not that familiar with pything, not to get off topic here but what you
can do in
python that you can't do in PHP?