Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Takayuki Tsunakawa
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Well, I am thinking of cases where we the error can help the user
> diagnose the problem.  I have found a way to print descriptions with
> FormatMessage(), and the codes without descriptions will just print
as
> hex.

I also think this is correct.  Like errno and strerror() combination
on UNIX, descriptions obtained from FormatMessage() should be
displayed with error codes from GetLastError().  I thought Bruce-san
is trying to display descriptions (or a URL to them) for the
"exception" codes, not "error" codes.  Descriptions for exception
codes can't be obtained with FormatMessage, can they?