Re: Possible bug on insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rick Gigger
Subject Re: Possible bug on insert
Date
List pgsql-general
I guess then I will switch to use COPY "tablename (fieldlist)" FROM.  Will
this end up being faster anyway.

In case anyone was wondering here is a good example of how to do it in php
from:

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-put-line.php

<?php
    $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=foo");
    pg_query($conn, "create table bar (a int4, b char(16), d float8)");
    pg_query($conn, "copy bar from stdin");
    pg_put_line($conn, "3\thello world\t4.5\n");
    pg_put_line($conn, "4\tgoodbye world\t7.11\n");
    pg_put_line($conn, "\\.\n");
    pg_end_copy($conn);
?>

thanks,