Re: pg_field_size - Mailing list pgsql-php

From David Busby
Subject Re: pg_field_size
Date
List pgsql-php
I didn't see any responses so...here goes.  I should state that I don't
think this is the most elegant solution.  In the PHP script that needs that
size info, query the database first for the table definition, that will give
you field sizes, then use that data to write the field size.

fake code:
$rs = pg_exec($db, "somehow get table definition");
$td = package_rs_into_easy_object($rs);

$td->systemcode // should evaluate to 2
$td->menuname // should evaluate to 32

$rs2 = pg_exec($db, "get the data set");
while (...)
{
} //while

/B