Re: Re: how to determine where a select statement fails - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: Re: how to determine where a select statement fails
Date
List pgsql-php
What you also have to keep in mind is that one clause is not necessarily
keeping you from getting zero rows.

For example.

You have st_name and city.

Say you hve 5 entries for a street named "main" and 5 entries for a city
named "plainfield".  But you have NO entries for a street named "main" in
the city of "plainfield".  The fact you are looking for both is what returns
zero rows.  Individually they exist.

What you are trying to do is nto easy at all.  You can't just do if
statements to see which column has zero rows.  You have to also check to see
what combo of clauses return ero.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company