Changing transaction isolation mid-transaction - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John Laban
Subject Changing transaction isolation mid-transaction
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Quick question...

In Sun's API for the Connection class, in the setTransactionIsolation(int) method, there is a note that says:

Note: If this method is called during a transaction, the result is implementation-defined.

What happens with the postgresql jdbc driver?  Does the transaction isolation actually change during the current transaction or does it wait until the next transaction?

From my preliminary testing it seems to be the latter, but I was wondering if anybody knew for sure.

Thanks,
John Laban