Re: SQL injection, php and queueing multiple statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bond-Caron
Subject Re: SQL injection, php and queueing multiple statement
Date
List pgsql-general
"My premise is that someone will do mistakes in the php code and I'd like to
mitigate the effect of these mistakes."

- Prepared statements is the only "bulletproof" technique

- You can use a database abstraction layer (there are more than many
libraries for PHP) Fast to implement, all queries goes through some form of
filter

- Recommended solution - use database abstraction & AUDIT your code / grabs
all SQL statements / create a summary and make sure then each statement is
safe

$db->Execute("select id from table1 where integer =" (int)$i);
$db->Execute("select * from table1 where string =" $db->quote($i));

Database abstractions alone often give you a false sense of security
especially if you use third part / open source solutions