PreparedStatement.setBytes on OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bill Schneider
Subject PreparedStatement.setBytes on OIDs
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Is there any way it is possible to make AbstractJdbc1Statement.setBytes work
on both bytea and oid columns?  I found the "compatible" switch to revert
behavior so that the method can be used with oid columns, but I'd hate to
give up the bytea functionality to keep setBytes working with oids.   IMO
there should be some way to get setBytes to work on both simultaneously.

What are other users' thoughts on this?  Is this something that could be
solved with a small patch or would this feature require a significant
redesign of the driver?

-- Bill