Re: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From denis@coralindia.com
Subject Re: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi..

In postgres, you have two options..

From PSQL prompt, you can use " \i filename " to process the file..
OR from PSQL prompt, you can directly instruct to execute that file like..
psql ... --filename <<your_file_name>>

Basically, when "&&" is specified in PL/SQL scripts, it prompts the user to
enter its value. In Postgres, we do not have such option (so far i know).
So, you can replace those with your desired values directly.

Postgres supports Array type too. Although i haven't used it anyday.. you
can try it out.

HTH

Denis