Re: PostgreSQL + PHP can't connect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + PHP can't connect
Date
List pgsql-general
Is postgres running on the same server as PHP?  If not, Mike Sears solution
of localhost won't work.

He is correct about not needing to specify the port number if you left it as
default.

My connection string looks like this:

$dbconnection = pg_Connect("host=".$host." user=".$user."
password=".$password." dbname=".$dbna
me);

Where the variables are assigned values beforehand.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company