Re: Speed in V8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matt Clark
Subject Re: Speed in V8.0
Date
List pgsql-performance
Another man working to the bitter end this Christmas!

There could be many reasons, but maybe first you should look at the amount
of RAM available?  If the tables fit in RAM on the production server but not
on the dev server, then that will easily defeat the improvement due to using
the native DB version.

Why don't you install cygwin on the dev box and do the comparison using the
same hardware?