Re: 7.2 functions that return multiple result sets? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chad Thompson
Subject Re: 7.2 functions that return multiple result sets?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Found this using google

Depending on what you're doing (and if you're willing to work with the
7.2rcs or wait for it), 7.2 allows you to define functions that return
cursors that you can then fetch from within the transaction you called the
function in, so you should be able to do a sequence like:

begin;
select * from func(param);
-- get back name of cursor, say "<unnamed cursor 1>" --
fetch 10 from "<unnamed cursor 1>";
fetch 10 from "<unnamed cursor 1>";
close "<unnamed cursor 1>";
commit;

Seems 7.2 is limited to cursors, where 7.3 will do recordsets (and upgrading is SO easy)

HTH
Chad