PostgreSQL v8 NAMEDATALEn >=128 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DEHAINSALA Hondjack
Subject PostgreSQL v8 NAMEDATALEn >=128
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi !
sorry for my english ! I am french  :-)

I want to test postgreSQL v8 native Windows! Where i can get a version which
allows more than 64 characters (NAMEDATALEN ~=128) to the name of tables and
columns ?

I generate automaticly tables and the length of some of these tables is > to
64.

I use Postgresql 7.5 that I have recompiled the source after to have
modified the NAMEDATALEN to 128!
The server is very slow (ex. a query to table which contain 16.000 instances
take 1 munite). I don't know exactely why ?
Someone think that the emulateur cygwin is responsible and they recommend me
to install a postreSQL windows version.
Personally I think it may a  problem of conguration of the server and a
tuning could increase performance.

SomeOne can help to tune my PostgreSQL?

Sorry again for my english !!

Thanks U for your help !!