Re: postgresql 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: postgresql 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Not if it a new version is released every three to 6 months.  If a new 40
dollar book came out every three months and a lot of the info is rehash of
the previous 3 versions, then no, I wouldn't buy it on every release.  But
if every 3 to 6 months a 10 to 20 dollar "update" is sold, I would probably
purchase that.

As for the CVS like format, I don't see that as a publishable scheme.  If 20
authors are contributing different levels of work, who is the publisher
going to pay?  Unless... a deal is made with the the publisher... the book
is open source also, authors get nothing (except a name credit in the book)
and the publisher prints and ships it.. only worrying about making profit
off the distruiibution... not compensation for the authors.  Might make the
book cheaper also then.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company