Re: database does not exist in system catalog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kathi Arthur
Subject Re: database does not exist in system catalog
Date
List pgsql-general
Len, Tom, et al --

When I'm connected to template1, \l only shows template1.  In the "base" subdirectory, I do have the template1 subdir as well as the bullprod subdir with all the schemas I want.  So what am I missing to make THAT db part of the system catalog (data dictionary)?  I'm sure it's very obvious...  Just not to me!

-- Kathi
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] database does not exist in system catalog

Kathi;

Thank you, I don't think I WANT to know where the name came from.  I believe there is a psql command ( \l ) that will list all database names the Postgres is aware of.  I believe that you can also look in the postgres database directory under the "base" subdirectory and see another directory for each database.  Becareful changing those names though.  You might at least find that you inadvertantly created it with a different name than you think.  Maybe the SYSTEM needed an explaination for the name!  :-)

Good luck,

len