database does not exist in system catalog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kathi Arthur
Subject database does not exist in system catalog
Date
List pgsql-general
Please bear with me for a stupid new-user question.  I've tried to solve my problem by looking at the online documentation, FAQs and archived list servs (all very helpful!).  But after most of the night Friday and most of last night, I still don't get it...

I have a database that is already created and sitting out there.  I can't access it (Fatal 1:  Database "my db" does not exist in the system catalog").

I don't want to run CREATE DATABASE because the table schemas I want already exist.  I don't care about the data -- just the schemas and attributes.

Can you help me figure out what steps I need to go through to add this db to the data dictionary (system catalog)?  Right now, all I can access is template1.

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on an alpha running FreeBSD.

Help!  TIA.

Kathi Arthur
Colorado Mountain College