Re: psql -l - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: psql -l
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 July 2001 18:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The strange part is that we are running around trying to figure out if
> it is a bug and no one knows that Debian has modified it.

While I understand Oliver's reasons for having the Debian stuff on the debian
server, I believe it would be appropriate to have the patchfile and the
various Debian README's available on the main postgresql site.

It was a hunch that sent me looking there -- I had read the Debian patchfile
before (about the 'peer' authentication deal), and apparently my subconscious
picked up on it.

> The Red Hat stuff isn't a problem because you recoginize it as such.

The RPM has a rather distinctive footprint, yes....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio