Re: dlopen() of libpgsqlodbc.so >= release 7.1 fails on sparc solaris 2.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bob Deblier
Subject Re: dlopen() of libpgsqlodbc.so >= release 7.1 fails on sparc solaris 2.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 11 June 2001 16:56, you wrote:
> Bob Deblier writes:
> > While trying to upgrade Postgres from version 7.0.3 to 7.1.2, I find that
> > a program which dlopens the library mentioned above now produces the
> > following error message:
> >
> > ld.so.1: ./BeeHive: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /opt/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol main: referenced symbol not found
>
> Try using the flag RTLD_GLOBAL in dlopen().

That doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately. We've always opened the library
with RTLD_LAZY up from the 6 releases up to 7.0.3; now neither RTLD_LAZY, nor
RLTD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL works.

Bob Deblier
Virtual Unlimited