Re: datestyle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: datestyle
Date
List pgsql-general
On Lun 04 Jun 2001 17:04, you wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 10:00:16AM +0300, Mart?n Marqu?s wrote:
> > Hi, I'm trying to set the datesyle in postgres to european (day before
> > month). I'm starting postgres with pg_ctl with these options:
> >
> > pg_ctl -o "-i -o -e" -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ start
> >
> > But when I select a date field I get this:

[snip]

> according to /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc/html/user/sql-set.htm
> (on debian, "apt-get install postgresql-doc" does the trick):
>
>     SET -- Set run-time parameters for session
>
>     SET variable { TO | = } { value | 'value' | DEFAULT }

From the postgres manual!

     -e   Sets the default  date  style  to  ``European'',  which
          means  that the ``day before month'' (rather than month
          before day) rule is used to  interpret  ambiguous  date
          input,  and that the day is printed before the month in
          certain date output formats. See the PostgreSQL  User's
          Guide for more information.

Now, this doesn't work with output dates?

Isn't there a way to set this so that all the connection go in with the
DATESTYLE=EUROPEAN?

Saludos... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.