Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kaare Rasmussen
Subject Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Second: if VACUUM can run in the background, then there's no reason not
> to run it fairly frequently.  In fact, it could become an automatically
> scheduled activity like CHECKPOINT is now, or perhaps even a continuously
> running daemon (which was the original conception of it at Berkeley, BTW).

Maybe it's obvious, but I'd like to mention that you need some way of setting
priority. If it's a daemon, or a process, you an nice it. If not, you need to
implement something by yourself.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Email: kar@webline.dk