'Exotic' Features - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Rawnsley
Subject 'Exotic' Features
Date
List pgsql-general
Anybody on the development side care to comment on the 'exotic' features in
the to-do list? Specifically the querying-across databases feature? Way
exotic? Not-so-exotic-but-no-one-has-the-time? Would-have-to-
re-plumb the entire database engine type of exotic?

Portability with 'standard' commercial DBs is difficult without even being
able to fake this (i.e. having the parser drop the schema name in a query at
the least). I would drop Oracle like a skunked beer if I could get over this
hurdle...

--
Regards,

Andrew Rawnsley