Re: count number of weeks?? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Sawtell
Subject Re: count number of weeks??
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:55, rocael@usa.net wrote:
> Hi all!
> I wonder how in PG7.0.2 I can count the number of weeks from a date
> field that I have in a table, lets say:
>
> table trial has in its fields start_date as sysdate(), and now I want to
> do a select that will give me the number of weeks from now [sysdate()]
> to the start_date.

chris=# select (select date('3 May 2001')-date(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP))::float8
/ 7.0 as "Weeks Till Start";Weeks Till Start
------------------8.28571428571429
(1 row)
chris=# select (select date('3 May 2001') - date(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP))::int
/ 7 as "Weeks Till Start";Weeks Till Start
------------------               8
(1 row)
chris=# select version();                               version
compiledby GCC egcs-2.91.66

(1 row)

That the sort of thing you wanted?
Don't know if it will work in 7.0.3, but upgrading is just a doddle.
PostgreSQL compiles faultlessly.
--
Sincerely etc.,
NAME       Christopher SawtellCELL PHONE 021 257 4451ICQ UIN    45863470EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nzCNOTES