Monitor status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kaare Rasmussen
Subject Monitor status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

I've tried to search the site, but no usable pages turned up.

My question is about monitoring PostgreSQL and if it turns out to be "down"
to notify a person to take action.

I'm surprised that I couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone have an
advice ? Anything that will fit into ordinary NMS. Maybe SNMP will not fit,
but then some kind of "database ping", or equal.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk