Re: Hrm...why is this wrong? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ken Corey
Subject Re: Hrm...why is this wrong?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Wow! Answering emails on a Sunday?  Someone should be giving you an award or
something.

On Sunday 04 February 2001  8:13 pm, you wrote:
> Ken Corey <ken@kencorey.com> writes:
> > When the select at the bottom of this email is executed, I'm getting the
> > message:
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$1"
>
> I don't get that; I get
>     ERROR:  Attribute 'username_in' not found
> which is about what I'd expect for the given function text; maybe you
> didn't transcribe it accurately?

That's strange...perhaps the difference was a problem with my table
definition?  *shrug* I also had made a few mistakes, so once I got those
fixed, the code seems to work again.

> Anyway, an invaluable technique for debugging plpgsql functions is to
> start psql with debug level 2, so that the queries the plpgsql executor
> feeds to the SQL engine get logged in the postmaster log.  (If you don't
> run the postmaster with a logfile, you should...)  For example:

Hey, that's perfect.  It's okay just so long as the debugging out goes
*somewhere*...:^)

Thanks, Tom.

--
Ken Corey, CTO    Atomic Interactive, Ltd.