Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben-Nes Michael
Subject Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle
Date
List pgsql-general
hmmm

when its come to small dbs I definitely recommend postgres because its free
and flexible.

I never used Oracle but I wonder form time to time if need too, in big dbs
or ones that are complex ( rules / foreign keys ... ) I find postgres
somewhat slow in inserting / updating.

also I heard that you cant do transaction within transaction in postgres
while in Oracle you can. ( im not sure if its true at all )

so postgres is still far away to really equal with Oracle but it cost
nothing and work nicely :)

does any one know about comparison article of oracle vs postgres when it
come to speed over complex queries ?

Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager