Re: New features for pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Takayuki Tsunakawa
Subject Re: New features for pgbench
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hello, Greg-san

> The attached adds two new command line switches to pgbench:

If you are OK, could you make the measurement of time on Windows more
precise?  The Win32 APIs that pgbench is using for gettimeofday() (in
src/port/gettimeofday.c) is much lower in resolution than Linux.  The
Win32 APIs provide about 15 milliseconds resolution, so I run
pgbench -c1 -t16000 the response times of more than 10000 transactions
are 0.  In contrast, Linux provides microssecond resolution.
Please excuse me for making an unrelated request, but this seems to be
a good chance...