Re: killing processes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Spotts
Subject Re: killing processes
Date
List pgsql-general
> - type, and access into a varwidth array is O(n), so the sorting
> - step you've got here is O(n^2).  It might help to use unnest()
> - instead of this handmade version of it ...)
>
> unnest() is 8.4 only, right?
>
> I'm actually probably just going to install R and use the median
> function from that.  (I was hoping to avoid installing all of R)

[Spotts, Christopher]
We have large data numeric data sets that we do medians over and due to
performance reasons, we eventually found it useful to take a smaller random
sample and median that...it was close enough for us.  Just a thought.

Chris