Re: [GENERAL] get the previous assigned sequence value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dev Elop
Subject Re: [GENERAL] get the previous assigned sequence value
Date
Re: [GENERAL] get the previous assigned sequence value
List pgsql-general

> > After an INSERT, I want to retrieve the value of the sequence I use for
> > unique_ids

> Alternatively, use the currval(mytable_id_seq) function within the same
> session immediately after the insert.

With this second method, you'd probably need to beware race conditions. If
another process inserts a record into mytable after you do but before you
call currval(), then you'll get the wrong value.

Not an issue if you've only got one process accessing the table - probably
is one if you have two or more.

-
  Richard Huxton