pg_dump's over 2GB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject pg_dump's over 2GB
Date
List pgsql-general
My current backups made with pg_dump are currently 1.3GB.  I am wondering
what kind of headaches I will have to deal with once they exceed 2GB.

What will happen with pg_dump on a Linux 2.2.14 i386 kernel when the output
exceeds 2GB?
Currently the dump file is later fed to a 'tar cvfz'.  I am thinking that
instead I will need to pipe pg_dumps output into gzip thus avoiding the
creation of a file of that size.

Does anyone have experince with this sort of thing?

Bryan White, ArcaMax.com, VP of Technology
You can't deny that it is not impossible, can you.